[ALAC] Nomination for ALAC Chair

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:54:24 UTC 2022

Hi Colleagues,

If i may add my voice. @ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE
<oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng> s observation is very right, however i have
observed the process it has taken for @Jonathan Zuck
<JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org> to come to where he is and can only say he
merits ascending to the Chairpersons role. Maybe we could be a bit more
deliberate and intentional in the future to try and achieve Regional
balance however in cases where the candidates are volunteers it is worth
considering meritocracy. I guess it will be in the interest of the incoming
Chair to look into the feasibility of achieving this desire because it will
certainly have a major impact in whichever region the candidate is picked
from. Otherwise i trust @Maureen Hilyard <moarimh at gmail.com> s judgement in
this season. @Jonathan Zuck <JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org> as you step in
please consider raising leaders or a team from the other regions that may
not have had an opportunity to serve in the role of Chair so that the
concerns can be addressed otherwise this is well deserved and i wish you
all the best as you wait to assume the role.

Best Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254733206359