[ALAC] Fwd: Read the SubPro PDP Newsletter - January 2021 Edition

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Jan 26 08:37:29 UTC 2021

I'm not going to download the report from the newsletter, its link contains
trackers that my ad blocker deems harmful. (Ie, advertising tracking and
not just analytics)

Is there a better place to get it? And why does the newsletter contain such
trackers?

Then again, I may not find anything of interest in the full report. Just by
looking at the newsletter summary I note that the two areas of greatest
concern to At-Large, and certainly to me -- DNS Abuse and PICs -- are being
punted for further discussion, most other things appear to get consensus.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Is there anything in the new report about community applications and a
fixed applicant support program? If not the report would contain nothing I
(or the interests of end-users) would find useful. By the time a next round
of gTLDs comes out, will anyone beyond domain speculators and the ICANN
bubble even care about them?

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56