[ALAC] Final Report of the ALS Mobilization Working Party

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 21 19:23:55 UTC 2020

Please find attached the Final Report of the ALS Mobilization Working
Party (ALS-Mob-WP).

I will be happy to formally make a presentation to the ALAC and
At-Large Community at Maureen's convenience, and I can also do
presentations to any RALO that wishes.

The report is the result of ten months of work by the WP. Everything
in it was determined by consensus and the vast majority by unanimous consensus.

The next step is a review by the ALAC and RALOs. Presumably the
latter will be initiated by the ALAC Members from each region.

Once the ALAC, with the support of the RALOs provides approval, the
substance of the report will go to the ICANN Board for their
agreement (or non-objection). Any Bylaw changes will be submitted to
the Board and would be subject to the standard Bylaw amendment
procedure as specified under Bylaws Article 25. In parallel with this
report being submitted to the ALAC, the proposed Bylaw changes are
being submitted to the Office of the General Counsel for their review
and comments.

Should the ALAC or Board require further modifications to the report,
the WP will be reconvened.

I will be happy to address and questions, comments or concerns.