[ALAC] SAC 109

Andrei Kolesnikov andrei at rol.ru
Fri Mar 13 10:34:13 UTC 2020

Dear ALAC, SSAC has published the report "The implications of DNS over
HTTPS and DNS over TLS".  Enjoy very good document.
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-109-en.pdf

"The issues raised by DoH and DoT and by the implementation and deployment
choices that exist for them are not straightforward. It is not possible to
lay them out with universally agreed-upon“right” and “wrong” labels. We
realized that we were not going to get consensus on clear, strong
statements such as, “More privacy is always better,” or “More encryption is
always better.” Nor could we make clear, strong statements about trust
models or the like that we would all agree with, because we all look at it
in different ways."

--
Andrey Kolesnikov
RIPN.NET