[ALAC] Selection Process for Bylaws IRP Standing Panel

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:58:16 UTC 2020

Right. David Olive said,

*"We are also ready to support the community in forming a new, separate
representative group to do this work. From the ICANN org side, we’re
available to support the community to identify and get this representative
group up and running so that the panel selection process can move forward –
including identification of an expert to further support and coordinate the
community work – in time to start work when the deadline for the submission
of expressions interest to serve on the Standing Panel expires on 31 July."*

I did raise a concern/perception of conflict of interest on the part of
IRP-IOT members, but still think NomCom isn't the suitable body to
establish the panel, so let's stick with "*forming a new, separate
representative group to do this work*" then.

All good.

Justine
------