[ALAC] Fwd: [ICANN Community Leaders] ICANN67 Cancun - Coronavirus (2019-nCOV)

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Sun Feb 16 21:32:46 UTC 2020

Hi Judith,
in the last 10-11 days, I have travelled via about 10 airports (Manchester
(UK), London (UK), London Gatwick (UK), Lagos (Nigeria), Abuja (Nigeria),
Ilorin (Nigeria),  Doha) (Qatar), Addis- Ababa (Ethiopia)
Melbourn (Australia) and  Perth (Australia) airports).
>From my experience, things were relatively normal as only a few people were
having a face mask on. I didn't use a face mask. The only thing I noticed
especially in the big airports was that few Chinese passengers were flying
and temperate measuring device was used in all the Nigeria airports, But I
think those have been in place since the Ebola outbreak. I also noticed
that there was periodic announcement about anyone feeling unwell and it was
easy to navigate through the airports.
 The only inconvenience for me was that I rescheduled my flight and avoided
travelling via Hong Kong which would have offered me a  shorter connecting
time cos the fear of the virus
 But in general, I think there is no need to panic
AK

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal
<http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/> PGPortal