[ALAC] Updated Paper on Recommended Strategic Changes to Future ICANN Public Meetings

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Dec 9 01:24:01 UTC 2020

I agree with Ricardo's comments re: video.  I live in the middle of a
city and sometimes I have to turn video off as bandwidth gets thin.

Re: networking -- I have little energy for on-line networking/coffee
breaks/socials during extended virtual meetings. I usually need to get
away from the screen for awhile -- I know that sounds boring, but
unrelenting screen time is mind-numbing. Perhaps there are tools which
would make it worthwhile, but I haven't seen them yet. I'd rather see
meeting shortened rather than networking time increased.

I am also wondering if the impact of extensive vaccinations are taken
into account. It is early days, but if the hype about millions of doses
being available in a few months has any validity, this will change
things again. Should there be a slow return to f2f mtgs, how would
vaccinations fit into the picture. I will definitely be in line once I
see an available line forming. But there are sceptics. At some point,
will co-vid vaccinations be mandatory for those attending large
international meetings?

Marita