[ALAC] My chat with Goran today

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:16:52 UTC 2019

Hi Olivier

So would we.. the SO-AC Chairs turned it down in Marrakech because there
was no real plan or mechanism in place to apply for funds, how they would
be distributed, any accountability measures, etc. These are apparently
being prepared and we will find out what the actual process is when we have
our meeting in Montreal.

What we do know is that David Olive will be in charge and any project plan
will only be accepted (and funding granted) if all the Chairs agree.
Another thing - it's not a travel fund.  For us, it must be aligned with
ICANN's mission and enhance/add value to the work of At-Large.

Nothing wrong with getting thinking caps on already.