[ALAC] Message to Board on Strategic Plan

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 13:30:11 UTC 2019

HI Abdulkarim

I fully appreciate your view on these issues, but when we are at an ICANN
meeting we are limited by certain constraints and other opportunities are
provided for you to raise these issues e.g. a public forum, etc, but the
meeting with the Board is quite specific. ALAC members were given an
opportunity to present their ideas to the Board questions wiki well before
the meeting began so we could prepare ourselves and the Board.

Please do not limit yourself to the times where we have boundaries that are
outside of our control. The schedule for the Board meeting has been set,
and while we have limited ourselves with regards to their question and
given more time for our own on DNS Abuse, the Board has been informed about
this. They do not like surprises. Therefore, we will stick to our original
plan and Holly will present on the strategic plan, Ricardo on the Financial
plan and Marita on the Multistakeholder model. Jonathan will lead the
discussion in DNS Abuse and he has already sent the Board our backgrounder.

See you are the Board meeting today at 3.15pm and thank you for your
interest in the work of the ALAC.

Maureen
.