[ALAC] The consolidated approach proposed by Keith Drazek

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Sun May 5 14:35:25 UTC 2019

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your email.

I agreement to vanda, ATRT3 has just kicked off and we are gathering
respective data.

I appreciate Impact of GDPR and EPDP Phase 1 Recommendations on Existing
Policies and Procedures as it is partinent to policy discussion and update.
Since the EPDP phase 2 has not yet started i think it would not be
necessary at the moment.

Otherwise I am in agreement with the listing as is in the discussion email
sent.

Daniel K.Nanghaka

ᐧ

On Sun, 5 May 2019 at 06:34, Maureen Hilyard <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I finally found what I was looking for. This was Keith's consolidated
> approach proposed on April 30 for your consideration (to mnimise the number
> of HIT sessions in Marrakech)
>
> 1  Impact of GDPR and EPDP Phase 1 Recommendations on Existing Policies
> and Procedures.
> Combine 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 into one session
> 1.1 Combatting Abuse with GDPR
> 1.2 Privacy-Proxy Implementation
> 1.3 Across Field Validation
> 2 EPDP Phase 2 / Uniform Access Model
> REMOVE these two proposed sessions because EPDP Phase 2 work will only
> have been under way for 6 weeks by the time we arrive in Marrakech. It may
> be premature to schedule a HIT/CC session - possibly defer this to ICANN66
> in Montreal
>
> 3 Sessions that are merely updates can be provided as a pre-meeting
> webinar.
> 3.1 ATRT3
> 3.2 SSR-2
> 3.3 NomCom Review
> 4 Future of Multistakeholder Model Governance
> Is necessary to complete the project kicked off in Kobe by the year's end.
> Clearly a topic of interest to the entire community. This session should
> be included.
> 5 Enhance Effectiveness of Specific Review Recommedations and their
> Implementation
> This session is timely, particularly with developments around the Board's
> actions on the CCT-RT recommendations . This session should be included
> 6 Universal Acceptance
> There was a good bit of discussion in Kobe and it is an issue that appears
> to be generating increased interest. With the meeting being held in
> Marrakech, it is a good opportunity to continue discussions on the UA and
> IDM-related issues.
> 7 DNS over HTTPS (DoH)
> Not seen as having broad community interest at this time. Could possibly
> be a regular session but would REMOVE.
> 8 GNSO proposing these topics for one CC session
> 8.1 Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
> 8.2 Uniform Rapid Suspension system (URS) rules
> 8.3 WHOIS Data Reminder Policy
> 8.4 Transfer Policy
> 8.5 Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy
> 8.6 Across Field Validation
> 8.7 Process for handing RAA Data Retention Waiver Requests
> 8.8 Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)
> 8.9 WHOIS Accuracy Reporting System (ARS)
> 8.10 Thick WHOIS Transition policy for .com, .net, .jobs
>
> Comments please
> Maureen

Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa/ Chair - Outreach and Engagement WG
(ICANN At-Large)/ former Chair - FOSSFA  / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising
Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka