[ALAC] [GTLD-WG] [CPWG] Draft comment on the Fundamental Bylaw change.

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Thu Jul 25 18:55:05 UTC 2019

Total agree ALAn. Would be quite over our mandate…

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.

From: ALAC <alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 12:38
To: Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org>
Cc: CPWG <cpwg at icann.org>, 'ALAC List' <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Subject: Re: [ALAC] [GTLD-WG] [CPWG] Draft comment on the Fundamental Bylaw change.

Evan, inclusion of the non-ccNSO ccTLDs was an integral (and by some deemed critical) part of the IANA Stewardship transition process, and since IANA serves non-ccNSO ccTLDs, it was felt important that they too can participate in any review. I do not believe that it is within our (ICANN's) mandate to re-litigate this and change the overall intent.  Or at least, that is my understanding.

For the record, currently 17 2ccTLDs out of 249 defined ccTLD are members and the list has been growing at about 5 per year over the last 5 years.

Alan