[ALAC] Fwd: [Gnso-epdp-team] BC Consensus Call Responses

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Mon Feb 18 12:02:06 UTC 2019

Thank you Cheryl,  Indeed the BC and IPC amendments are in line with what we have been discussing.

Below is a summary of their recommendations that I believe most of us previously agreed to

We have been discussing that there is no mention to consumer protection or cyber security the proposed edit of recommendation number#1 which speaks about discloser  - Purpose 2- suggests deleting "lawful data disclosure requests" and instead spelling out the purposes
 consumer protection, cybersecurity, intellectual property, or law enforcement.
and in all cases it goes without saying that disclosure has to be lawful as it has to be GDPR compliant.

Amendments to recommendation # 18 suggests that the registries and registrars should reasonably consider the requests and defines a service level for responses (95% responses within 15 days).

Amendments to recommendation #14 add the accredited privacy/proxy to the affiliated and says that the implementation of the Privacy/Proxy Services Accreditation Consensus Policy must be completed within 90 days after the adoption of the EPDP policy recommendations by the Board.

Recommendation #12 provides specificity  replacing "some future date to be determined by the implementation review" with  102 days

Recommendation #17 speaks about discussing geographic distinction in phase 2 as well as legal vs natural – which we also discussed and considered

In addition they support the ALAC comments with regard to accuracy and thick-thin Whois

Best
Hadia