[ALAC] [registration-issues-wg] [CPWG] URGENT: DRAFT ALAC Statement on the EPDP Phase 1 Final Report

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:59:47 UTC 2019

Hello Alan,

Thanks for sharing this which is good. A few minor editorials and comment:

1. "“that it would be difficult to argue that *that* processing to prevent
DNS...."

2 "...Phase 2 will *be* address the deferred issues as..."

3. I am not sure why we say "we do not accept" certain issues yet we seem
to end our statement by accepting the report. Since/if we have red-lines
then we should clearly not accept the report as a whole. However if we can
live with the report as indicated in the last paragraph then I suggest we
modify the following:

"To be specific, the results which we cannot accept are:...." So it doesn't
contradict the acceptance stated in the last paragraph.

That said, I agree with Gorge, that the element of choice/consent is being
taken away from registrants in terms of what they want to provide and
publish.

It's election period in my country, my apologies as I won't be present at
upcoming cpwg call

Regards

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos