[ALAC] URGENT: DRAFT ALAC Statement on the EPDP Phase 1 Final Report

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 15 00:28:05 UTC 2019

As discussed on the CPWG call yesterday, attached please find the draft statement to be attached to the report.

I believe that it addresses all of the issues we discussed and for which there was general concern. As decided, we will support the overall report, but note that some of the particular recommendations do not have our support. Others we will support but nevertheless have concerns.

The lack of focus on public interest issues puts into question whether Phase 2 will suitably address access and other issues.

THIS STATEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE END OF FRIDAY. Please make any comments with utmost urgency.

Maureen tells me that she will issue a VERY SHORT Consensus Call tomorrow, to complete prior to the submission deadline.

WORD and PDF formats are attached.