[ALAC] CCWG Accountability WS2

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 08:58:24 UTC 2018

+1

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maureen Hilyard
  To: Alan Greenberg
  Cc: ALAC
  Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:00 PM
  Subject: Re: [ALAC] CCWG Accountability WS2

  I agree with the addition of the caveat.

  On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

    As you might recall, we were scheduled to endorse the final report of
    the CCWG-Accountability WS2 in Panama, but we delayed that because
    the Board had expressed some reservations about several of the recommendations.

    These concerns were addressed by providing implementation guidelines.

    Accordingly, I will be proposing that the ALAC endorse the report.
    However, I note that in our comment to the last Public Comment on the
    consolidated report we said "The recommendations formulated in the
    various sections of this report all have merit in advancing ICANN's
    transparency and accountability. However, taken together, they may
    amount to a daunting burden on ICANN Org and its volunteer community.
    For this reason  ALAC recommends that as the recommendations are
    implemented, ICANN takes an approach to minimize the impact and work
    associated with following these recommendations."

    I would suggest that we repeat this caveat in our ratification of the report.

    Subject to any comments received in the rest of this week (by
    Friday), I will open a BigPulse vote to ratify the
    CCWG-Accountability WS2 report next week.

    For your convenience, I am attaching the abbreviated report with the
    recommendations, the full report including all annexes and the
    implementation plan addressing the Board's concerns.

    At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
    ALAC Working Wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+(ALAC)