[ALAC] Fwd: IANA Naming Function Review (IFR)

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Sep 7 21:20:21 UTC 2018

The official deadline is already past for us to appoint a
representative to the IANA Naming Function Review (IFR), a review
mandated under the Bylaws associated with the IANA Stewardship
Transition, but I am told that if we act quickly, we can still fill
our position.

So we need a quick decision on whether to call for volunteers for this.

I am not at all sure there is a particular user -oriented position
here that is not already likely to be presented by others, but if
there is a will to participate, we can.

PLEASE respond ASAP on whether you think that we should participate
or not. If you believe you know of a good candidate, please let me
know that privately.