[ALAC] Fwd: Motion to amend the ALAC Rules of Procedure

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Oct 10 16:23:59 UTC 2018

Dear Seun,

sorry just catching up with old emails.
The procedure which you mention below, Seun, seems to be really heavy
handed. You are speaking of ALAC ratification for every individual
member? Do you realise that EURALO, for example, has in excess of 30
individual members handled by the EURALO individuals association. I
could not imagine getting the ALAC to vote on each and every individual
application.
The way we have done it in EURALO is to delegate the task of handling
individual users to a purpose built structure and they have conducted
the process which you have listed below, by individual users, for
individual users. I realise that there are always pressures for
centralisation, but in this sort of process, I really think delegation
and decentralisation is the key to good growth whilst keeping the
administrative workload of the ALAC to a manageable level.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html