[ALAC] URGENT: ALAC endorsements for Study on Root Zone Label Generation Rules

Alberto Soto asoto at ibero-americano.org
Thu Mar 1 22:39:43 UTC 2018

I agree with this proposal.
Regards
Alberto

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ALAC [mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] En nombre de Alan
Greenberg
Enviado el: jueves, 01 de marzo de 2018 07:14 p.m.
Para: ALAC <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Asunto: [ALAC] URGENT: ALAC endorsements for Study on Root Zone Label
Generation Rules

Although many people were silent during the discussion at Tuesday's ALAC
meeting, the tone of those who spoke was that we should not be expected to
endorse people who we do not know and who have no affiliation with us.

Specifically, if the group needs experts, they should be able to name them.
Period.

I note that apparently, such a rule was not included in the specification of
the group - https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-02-08-en.

Unless I hear disagreement soon, I will reply saying that the ALAC is not
willing to endorse people who we do not know and who have no affiliation
with us, and suggest that the Board be approached asking for permission to
name independent experts.