[ALAC] RALO liaisons to the WT5 on Geonames as TLDs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 1 04:08:19 UTC 2018

This has taken FAR longer than expected, but I
can now announce the selection of RALO liaisons
to the GNSO New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WT5 on Geonames as TLDs.

AFRALO: Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke>
APRALO: Maureen Hilyard  <maureen.hilyard at gmail.com>
EURALO: Yrjö Lansipuro <yrjo_lansipuro at hotmail.com>
LACRALO: Carlos Aquirre <carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com>
NARALO: Marita Moll <mmoll at ca.inter.net>

Since it has been some time since this was first
discussed, it may be worth while reviewing what these new positions are for.

Notice that "liaison" is equivalent to how we use
Liaison (with an upper case L) as the FORMAL
representative of the ALAC to other AC/SOs.

These RALO liaisons are using the term in the
dictionary definition sense: communication or
cooperation that facilitates a close working
relationship between people or organizations.

These RALO liaison will ensure that there is good
communications to and from their RALOs, making
sure that the RALO membership is kep up to date
on where the WT5 is going, and making sure that
opinions of the RALO are presented in WTs
discussions. Just how that is done will be up to
each RALO, but I would assume that brief updates
at the monthly RALO meetings may be a good start.

We will also be periodically holding At-Large
wide discussions or webinars, and I would expect
the RALO liaisons to play and take active part in those as well.

This message will be forwarded to the selectees as well.