[ALAC] Call for Volunteers: GNSO Expedited PDP on Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jul 11 13:36:41 UTC 2018

Dear Alan,

I am reading your call for candidates for the EPDP and one thing (in
particular) has raised my attention:

On 11/07/2018 01:50, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> *_Membership in the EPDP is expected to require up to 30 hours per
> week, starting immediately and at least for the first 4 months, and
> probably a lower but still significant commitment until mid-2018. The
> GNSO is also setting some very specific criteria for participation.
> Although the list may change, the current requirements are as follows: _*

When we asked about this "up to 30 hours per week" and wondered whether
this was reasonable for a volunteer, we were told that this doesn't mean
30 hours of calls per week, but the total number of hours including
document reading and drafting could be 30 hours per week.

I still wonder whether this is reasonable to ask from a volunteer. Could
these 30 hours per week be pooled?

Kindest regards,

Olivier