[ALAC] Policy WGs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 20 19:51:31 UTC 2018

You will recall that on the last ALAC call, we discussed the
structure of our policy WGs.

The intent was to have our three currently largely inactive WGs
revived, but in the form of mailing lists only. They are the New gTLD
WG, the Registration Issues WG and the ICANN Evolution WG.

Jonathan Zuck had volunteered to run the New gTLD WG.

We will also set up a new WG which would be the merger of these three
(and any other policy groups we may form). It would have a mailing
list consisting of the union of the others, and would be the WG under
which an conference calls or webinars are held, and its mailing list
would not only announce such meetings, but would also be used to
raise specific issues (from one of the subsidiary WG) when it was
felt they needed the attention of the wider At-Large Community.

In the interest of time, the naming of this group was deferred at the
time. I have instructed Staff to call it the At-Large Consolidated
Policy WG (CPWG) as this is a self-explanatory and relatively simple
name. The mailing list is being set up and tested and hopefully will
be ready to go live shortly.