[ALAC] Suggested revision of At-Large Policy Development template

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 1 18:42:20 UTC 2018

It has been pointed out to me that the template we use has a space
for "First Draft" and then "Final Draft". This works for issues that
do not generate a lot of dialogue and revision of the statement. For
such statements, there is no specific place to post the revised
version(s). Simply changing the first draft does not really work,
because then we are left with Wiki comments on that draft that refer
back to something that is no longer there (unless you go to the
trouble of finding the correct earlier version).

I suggest that we change the title from "FIRST DRAFT SUBMITTED" to
"DRAFT STATEMENTS" and add instructions saying that if multiple draft
versions are posted, old versions should remain, with the newer
version posted at the top of the box, prefixed with the date posted
and author, and separated from earlier versions by a horizontal line.

That way we have a full history of the draft evolution.

Does anyone see a reason not to do this?