[ALAC] EPDP Early input

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 29 15:57:06 UTC 2018

There was an extensive and productive discussion regarding the
possible endorsement of SSAC 101 or the SSAC letter to the GNSO
(which included a subset of the issues raised in SAC 101 during the
CPWG meeting that ended an hour or so ago. This included a
presentation of the issues in 101 and identification of those that
were included and those not in the letter.

Once it it posted, those who we re not on the call may find it
interesting to replay the Adobe Connect session from about the 1 hour
mark until the end (which went WAY over time).\

The only explicit reservation raised to the items in both documents
was a question of whether we should endorse the recommendation that
there be no fees associated with RDDS access unless explicitly
required by a PDP (in SSAC 101 but not the letter).

The final result was with the exception of two people (one incoming
ALAC Member and one At-Large participant) those on the call supported
endorsement of SAC 101 (the other two favoured endorsing the subset
of issues addressed in the letter).

For the record, there were five ALAC Members on the call.