[ALAC] EPDP Early input

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 28 06:23:22 UTC 2018

As I mentioned on the ALAC call that has just completed, all EPDP
participant groups have been given the opportunity to provide "early
input" into the EPDP.

So far, the SSAC and the NCSG has done so. Their input can be found
at <https://community.icann.org/x/Ag9pBQ>https://community.icann.org/x/Ag9pBQ.

The SSAC's input consisted of their recent report SAC101. A copy is
attached for your convenience.

I would like to suggest that the ALAC submit a statement saying that
we support SAC101, as it is in line with our stated position of
trying to ensure that security professionals and law enforcement have
adequate access to WHOIS/RDS data.

I open the floor for discussion and will initiate a Consensus Call
later in the week.