[ALAC] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] CALL FOR 2018-2019 ALT NOMINATIONS now open

Ricardo Holmquist rihogris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:52:45 UTC 2018

From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche at internode.on.net>
Date: 2018-08-08 6:42 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: [ALAC] [ALAC-Announce] CALL FOR 2018-2019 ALT NOMINATIONS now
To: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Cc: "alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org" <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>, "Alan

For Africa - Tijani Ben Jemma
For Europe - Sebastien Bachollet
For LACRALO - Ricardo Holmquist
For NARALO - John Laprise

Holly
On 8 Aug 2018, at 8:41 am, ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
wrote:

Dear All,

Alan Greenberg, ALAC Chair, with the agreement of incoming Chair,
Maureen Hilyard, has requested that a call for nominations be issued
for the

other four members of the next year's ALAC Leadership Team (ALT) from
the four remaining regions:

- Africa

- Europe

- Latin America and Caribbean Islands

- North America

The terms of the 2018-2019 ALT will begin at the end of the 2018 AGM
until the end of the 2019 AGM.

This selection is carried out in accordance with the ALAC Rules of
Procedure Section 17.3 (RoPs - http://tinyurl.com/ALAC-RoP-2016-09).

Nominations may be made by any current ALAC Member. Nominees need not
be an ALAC Member at the time of the nominations, but must have an

expectation of being an ALAC Member after the completion of the
upcoming Barcelona ICANN Meeting.

Requirements for ALT members can be found in Section 6 of the ALAC
RoPs. In short, ALT members are expected to attend all ALAC meetings,
typically

two ALT or ALT-related meetings per month, and be very responsive and
thoughtful to e-mail requests and discussions. By mutual agreement,
ALT

members may take on additional roles. Vice-Chairs are expected to take
on proportionally larger responsibilities. All ALT activities are
carried

out solely in English.

The nomination period is now open and will close on Wednesday, 15
August 2018 at 23:59 UTC.

Nominations need not be seconded.

Nominations, other than self-nominations, must be accepted by
Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 23:59 UTC.

Acceptance should be sent to the
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge-2Dlists.icann.org_mailman_listinfo_alac&d=DwMBAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=tAs96BQqMFjlI9EZixByMtxTkbSOr7pgjxWPhX1RJS4&s=CJWzH12JX3qbuLoknWdW4m2UeOBWJL7lNjjQw8LLcxc&e=>

alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org [atlarge-lists.icann.org]

Staff will forward all acceptances to
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge-2Dlists.icann.org_mailman_listinfo_alac&d=DwMBAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=tAs96BQqMFjlI9EZixByMtxTkbSOr7pgjxWPhX1RJS4&s=CJWzH12JX3qbuLoknWdW4m2UeOBWJL7lNjjQw8LLcxc&e=>

alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org [atlarge-lists.icann.org]

In accordance with ALAC RoP 16.3, following the close of the
nominations period and the acceptance or rejection of all nominations,
candidates

from regions where the position is not contested will be declared to
have won by acclamation.

If there are multiple candidates from any region, the candidates, in
conjunction with the ALAC, will be given the opportunity to resolve
the

situation. Failing that, a secret vote of the ALAC will decide the winner.

Kind Regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
Website: atlarge.icann.org
Facebook: facebook.com/icannatlarge <http://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
Twitter: @ICANNAtLarge <http://www.twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>

At-Large Official Site: http://www.atlarge.icann.org

At-Large Online: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
ALAC Working Wiki: https://community.icann.org/di
splay/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+(ALAC)