[ALAC] Going beyond ICANN mission? (Was Fwd: [Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Fwd: Board reply to CCWG-AP)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 07:29:14 UTC 2017

Hello,

There has been ongoing discussion in reaction to the attached letter from
the Board. The discussion has been around using the auction funds for
purpose beyond the ICANN mission. I was of the opinion that her mission
though has a scope was broad enough to ensure the funds have a global reach
as much as possible.
However I have also noticed some members (notably Alan) have the view that
the funds should be used beyond the ICANN mission scope. While it's not
important that we share same opinion I also don't want to take lightly
veterans view on this matter, perhaps am missing something :-)

Specifically, is there a disadvantage for At-Large if the auction funds is
used within ICANN mission that makes it so important for us to support
acting outside of the ICANN mission?

The specific thread can be followed here:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-auctionproceeds/2017-September/000470.html

I like to read comments from folks here to better inform my participation.

Regards
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos