[ALAC] Briefing note: Use of gTLD Auction Proceeds for ICANN Reserve

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Fri Oct 27 07:18:05 UTC 2017

Totally agree . I believe it is relevant to keep a reserve for the future of ICANN. Already stated my view in the Wg
Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.

From: <alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org>> on behalf of Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca<mailto:alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>>
Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 18:53
To: Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com<mailto:seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>>
Cc: 'ALAC List' <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [ALAC] Briefing note: Use of gTLD Auction Proceeds for ICANN Reserve

Thanks Seun.

There is no question of the "legality" of ICANN using the auction find to top up the reset. Or at least I have never heard mention of such a concern.

Whether operating costs are reasonable and justified is an ongoing issue. It might be addressed in the current public comment, or in the one to be opened on the FY19 Plan and Budget.

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse brevity and typos.