[ALAC] Briefing note: Use of gTLD Auction Proceeds for ICANN Reserve

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 03:28:53 UTC 2017

Alan.. I believe that Judith was simply explaining where the auctions group
is up to at this point in time.

We have been discussing potential uses of the funds and are now looking at
how they might be administered. We have already been asked about how much
of the funds might be given back to ICANN as part of their reserve and the
consensus appeared to be that if anything was going to go back as reserve
funds then it would not be over the 10% mark.

You are right though, we should get some feedback from the rest of the ALAC.

My 2c
Maureen