[ALAC] [Secretariat] [Alac-sc-outreach] Fwd: [ICANN60_Onboarding] Call for ICANN61 Nominations

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Nov 25 08:26:07 UTC 2017

Dear Tijani,

On 25/11/2017 06:58, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:
> I know it’s too complex. It is because the staff conceived a program
> without consulting the community, and now, we have to take over
> something that we didn’t discuss the objectives, the expected outcome
> and the process.

Whilst version 0.1 of the project, when it started over a year ago, was
conceived by staff, the past 6 months have worked on the feedback of the
community. It became clear that ICANN's communities taking part in the
program have different needs. So staff have said - ok, each community
can design the way they select people and what they do with them. We'll
just make sure there is the funding and logistics to support what each
community wants to do. The feedback, by the way, from other communities
at ICANN has been very positive. It appears that only we are facing
challenges because we have the geographical distribution segmentation
which none of the other communities have.
Kindest regards,

Olivier