[ALAC] FW: [Alac-sc-outreach] Fwd: [ICANN60_Onboarding] Call for ICANN61 Nominations

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Wed Nov 22 11:51:47 UTC 2017

Tijani, friends
I tend to agree with you and also disagree.  Agree that there is need to outreach and shall have money to be used for this, but I do outreach in many occasions without the CROP, so CROP is not the only alternative for outreach.  At same time Onboarding Pilot was an way to guarantee that people that will start with ICANN (so Outreach is already done) will feel welcome in order to understand all issues, have chance to choose their way inside ICANN and, as such, remain.
I believe being the fund just one, it can be split between both programs. Once divided each program will focus on its goals.
Guess we all agree both programs are important. What is not correct and I agree with you is use the $ from CROP to go to ICANN meetings – there is no outreach to be done there. But for ONBOARDING is just the opposite, more work shall be done during first days at ICANN meetings.
As I said, being most of meeting time at AFRALO booth in Jo’Burg allowed me to respond to all doubts about ICANN and the way to go further to more than 100 colleagues, of course , mostly from Africa but this is valid for all regions.
My 2 c
Kisses