[ALAC] [Alac-sc-outreach] Fwd: [ICANN60_Onboarding] Call for ICANN61 Nominations

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:00:58 UTC 2017

Thanks Olivier and Beran for this.

A reminder that CROP could be used by the RALO in the region where
ICANN F2F meeting takes place.

So NARALO could use CROP to send a mentee to ICANN Puerto Rico and
LACRALO could use CROP to send a mentee to Panama. That would
therefore allow for a 2nd mentee to come from COP funding to Puerto
Rico and Panama.

Some thoughts on conditions

- mentors and mentees need to have conference calls before the ICANN
F2F meetings to explain what is At-Large using the At-Large community
onboarding documentation and also be able to present on the policy
work happening in ALAC and ICANN. Since the calls would be public, it
would also offer opportunities for new fellows and nextgen persons to
also attend.
- commit to edit and update the community onboarding materials.
- mentor and mentees be part of the O&E and continue after the travel
to refine the onboarding approach for future mentors/mentees

Dev Anand.