[ALAC] Proposed Renewal of .NET Registry Agreement

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Tue May 9 15:50:35 UTC 2017

I posted my comments on “general comments” since for some reason (did not find out which one, I could not add to At large wiki page)
Here my comments:

Dear all
  Due some time working here talking with new gTLDs I know, may be better than others not so involved, the content of the Registry Agreements for the new registries.
The general idea I am reading in this draft is to adequate similar terms to legacy TLDs.
 Prices – setting limit for almost 9 US$, in my opinion does not impact directly registrants due two reasons: registrars will negotiate best prices based on market demand and since Registries had the obligation to sell to all interested certificated registrars, this makes the basic price be almost the same – to end users the registrar is the key interface to control prices.
Verisign used to be controlled basically due .com, by antitrust laws in US ( and so by NTIA) since all registries are, per definition, a monopoly and .com was out of doubt the larger registry under one string.
Due such control, I believe, Verisign is also compliance with all requirements under .Net , as stated by ICANN, to avoid any problem with local authorities.
 Demand for Escrow format, BRDA and API spec as ICANN is demanding for new gTLDs, I see as very positive for end users, as relevant guaranties. New Whois is also relevant for improve data privacy.
Other points as they had incorporated to .ORG agreement, I believe shall be repeated, it was discussed when was time for the new agreement under dot org, since both registries had same previous agreement and we shall avoid different agreements for each registry.
 In general,
I haven’t see any point that I would raise as not of end use interest.
Vanda Scartezini

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004