[ALAC] cNSO-SSAC issue

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 2 16:05:02 UTC 2017

I think the issue is not a technical problem with the technical root
zone, but that increasingly SSAC is considering the potential for
user confusion. From a user perspective, that is a good thing. If
they had done so earlier in the gTLD process, we might be in a much
better position there than we are now. But yes, that is a change.

Perhaps you can elaborate on how the potential problems "can be
mitigated by the registry or registrars at the local level". That may
help ensure that we are all talking about the same thing and perhaps
provide a path forward.

Alan