[ALAC] Fwd: [SOAC-Leaders] Informed and Active Domain Name Registrants are Essential for a Secure and Stable DNS - ICANN by Akram Atallah

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jun 21 15:07:49 UTC 2017

Wow -- this is a refreshing evolution.

Reading the text below, I cannot help asking myself whether it is time
to ask again the question, which we *never* received an answer to: are
these Registrant Rights or Registrant Benefits? Remember? The Applicant
Guidebook (and WIKI page) talks about rights under the header benefits.
These are two very different things!

Rights are enforceable. Benefits are just something nice to have.

Now that the Senior VP of Policy has used in several documents the
"rights and responsibilities", is it time to drive the nail in with a
clean strong blow of the hammer?

Kindest regards,

Olivier