[ALAC] [registration-issues-wg] Changes to .vlaanderen and .brussels TLDs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Jul 23 15:26:27 UTC 2017

I've added the ALAC list back onto the recipients.

To be clear, I did not advocate a comment. I
asked whether this had user implications.

The only answer to date was from John Levine who
noted that the only implication was that the drop
of the Add Grace Period (AGP) would stop
registrants from cancelling a domain if they made
a mistake. Since in fact very few (if any)
Registrars actually extend that privilege to
registrants these days (the AGP was added when
registrations tended to be done on the phone and
errors were much more common), I do not consider that as a real impact.

The issue will be raised as a possible comment on
the ALAC call on Tuesday, so it would be good if
any any further research were done prior to that time.

If we have a problem with the timing, a public
comment on the specifics of an RSEP is not, in my
mind, the proper place to do it. It will just be
made and largely ignored since those processing
the comments have no discretion to do anything
about it. If RSEP needs to be changed, we should
approach it head on. The timing is one issue, and
the lack of consideration of registrant rights is
another that we might want to focus on. If we
think it is of sufficient import to put time into it.

Alan