[ALAC] [Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Please participate - survey charter questions #4 and #7 now live

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jul 13 16:28:52 UTC 2017

Agree with Alan.

Another point in this topic: one of the things envisioned within the
auction WG is the creation of a fund that is _seeded_ by the auction
proceeds but is sustained through endowments and donations from other
sources. So it's even less removed from the gTLD process itself.

One thing that ALAC might want to consider is what mechanisms it might want
to put in place to encourage, set criteria form, and possibly even endorse
applicants who may come forward from within our community with worthy
end-user-focused projects. My thought is that this would not really be
in-scope for the new gTLD WG, or any of the other current WGs for the
matter (though the budget&finance WG does come close in some aspects of its
function).

- Evan

--
Evan Leibovitch