[ALAC] [Alac-sc-outreach] Introduction to At-Large Presentation (January 2017)

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 24 21:05:35 UTC 2017

That is a HUGE ask.

 What is meant by win - having a WG stop deliberations to answer a question you have asked. change the wording as suggested, add extra clause/requirement(s) in a process, or bigger things - having funding for gTLD applicants be directed to areas outside the US and Europe, pushing (successfully) for treatment of IDNs,

I don’t think any of us from the trenches have either documented any ‘wins’ or even seen them as such.  And what about when we agree with others (the SSAC, GAC, some members of a WG) and support them?

And Maybe Jose is right in that it is just not visible - not even thought of.  And given the time none of us have, I’m not sure going back that far will happen!  It would be nice, but...

Holly