[ALAC] ALAC Representative on the .NGO Community Advisory Council

Alberto Soto asoto at ibero-americano.org
Fri Jan 13 12:55:45 UTC 2017

+1 Evan.

Regards

Alberto

De: alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [mailto:alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] En nombre de Evan Leibovitch
Enviado el: Friday, January 13, 2017 1:06 AM
Para: Judith Hellerstein <judith at jhellerstein.com>
CC: ICANN ALAC list <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Asunto: Re: [ALAC] ALAC Representative on the .NGO Community Advisory Council

Hi Alan,

I think this would be a great idea with one proviso. I would suggest that as a guideline to choosing such a rep, we do not (or at least strongly discourage) appointment of reps from ALSs that are ISOC chapters. There appears a clear conflict of interest here since PIR is the primary source of revenue to ISOC (which in turn provides funding to Chapters).

- Evan