[ALAC] Fwd: Re: RDS Review

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 9 09:56:13 UTC 2017

My first response - OMG (to be polite)

So Tijani, Leon and everyone else who thinks widening the Terms of Reference is a good idea - I trust you are also putting your hands up - and trust me- these issues have been discussed for YEARS (my life with WHOIS goes back to 2009) so you’ll be involve for YEARS.  Just ask Carlton.

Alan - if you were at the WG in Hyderabad where expanded terms of reference were discussed, you know what I think.  I said so at the time to everyone at the meeting.    And I could go on - but won’t.  I frankly don’t have time for the existing RDS AND the review, so I think one of us should stay on the RDS and the other, tackle this insanity (while keeping an eye on the P/P services implementation team and the  implementation of the RDAP).

My suggested response (in case you haven’t guessed) is that anything more than a TINY review is a HUGE ask - and not just on ALAC.  At least, with the others, attending all the meetings is part of what they do.  But if they want anything representing the interests of end users, they can pay for the hours it takes (and, for those of us on this side of the globe, weekly calls beginning at 0400 hrs - for 90 minutes.  Once Sydney if off daylight savings and the US is on daylight savings, its 0200 - 0330 every week.)

SHEER BLOODY MADNESS

Holly