[ALAC] URGENT: Who did what when

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 5 04:06:59 UTC 2017

The At-Large Review Team has been told by many people that we in
At-Large almost never provide opportunities for people to move up and
just keep on shuffling jobs between the same few people.

To demonstrate that this is not quite the case, I have been preparing
charts of who occupied each position since the ALAC began.

I am attaching four spreadsheets.

- ALAC Membership (the contents of each cell says who appointed the
person, the Board (for the Interim ALAC), the NomCom, or a RALO)
- Liaisons to ICANN AC/SOs
- NomCom Delegates
- RALO Leadership

I am reasonably sure that I have the first three pretty much correct.
But if you find an error, please let me know.

For RALO leadership, things are not quite as good.

- I am pretty sure I have NARALO and LACRALO correct.
- For EURALO, I am missing the early Secretariats (presuming there
were some) but hope that all else is ok.
- For AFRALO I think I have it right but am not sure. It seems like
there was only a Secretariat for the first few years, until the
Operating Procedures were completed - the same as happened in LACRALO.
- For APRALO, I had a lot of trouble finding records, and I did some
guessing, particularly in the first 3-4 years, and also am unshure
about Holly's terms as Vice-Chair and Chair.

For the ALAC and Regional leaders charts, I show who held each
position at the time of the ICANN meeting. For the NomCom and
Liaisons, it is just by year.

If you have ANY corrections, please get them to me ASAP. I am
incorporating these spreadsheets into a report that I need to have
complete by the end of tomorrow!!!! for discussion at the At-Large
Review Working Party meeting scheduled for very late tomorrow night.

Hopefully the membership of this list includes some people with long
and accurate memories.