[ALAC] [lac-discuss-en] Replacement Elector For Leon Sánchez

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Feb 10 20:38:51 UTC 2017

Hi Sean,

I understand your point, that in most elections enabling candidates to vote
in their elections woould not be a big deal.

Why that may be a problem here is that there are only 20 electors. So any
individual vote can make a difference, as it has in the past in close votes.

BUT.... now that you mention it...

In this particular election, the only two candidates are BOTH eligible
voters too. So, at least this time it would not at all damage the integrity
of the election if both were allowed to vote; one would imagine that their
votes would cancel each other out, and the remaining 18 voters would decide
the result.

(should either Alan or Leon not vote for themselves I would be terribly
confused.)

Similarly, if neither Leon nor Alan voted, but no replacements were chosen,
a similar result would ensue.

As the NARALO-designated replacement voter for Alan, I would be happily
yield back should one of these sensible approaches be adopted; that is ,
either both Alan and Leon are entitled to vote, or neither is replaced.
Mind you, if there's something that At-Large excels at it's overly
complicated processes, so I won't get my hopes up.

--
Evan Leibovitch
Toronto, Canada

Em: evan at telly dot org