[ALAC] Julie Hammer

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 14 13:28:59 UTC 2017

I am absolutely delighted to report that Julie Hammer has been
selected as the new Vice-Chair of SSAC.

Rod Rasmussen has been selected as the incoming Chair. For those who
don't know him, Rod is a very respected expert in cyber security, has
been headily involved the Anti-Phishing Working Group, and within
ICANN, in WHOIS-RDS activities.

Both appointments, which must be confirmed by the ICANN Board in Abu
Dhabi, take effect 01 January, 1918.

Although losing Julie as our Liaison to SSAC will be difficult for
us, it is a marvellous confirmation that we are not alone in our
respect and admiration for Julie.