[ALAC] PLEASE REVIEW: Comments on the FY18 Draft Operational Plan and Budget

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 28 05:19:15 UTC 2017

Please see https://community.icann.org/x/37XRAw for the two comments
to be submitted (subject to final editing) to the Public Comment on
the FY18 Operational Plan and Budget.

The first one is our comment on the draft document. The original
draft authored by Tijani has been posted for several days. It was
modified based on comments received and the final contents were
discussed during today's Finance and Budget Subcommittee meeting.

There was one comment suggesting a stronger caveat to the approval of
the extension of the CCWG Accountability budget to FY18 (there is no
additional allocation but the change allows unspent FY17 funds to be
carried over to FY18). At the ALT meeting today, the ALT discussed
this suggestion and unanimously is recommending to the ALAC that the
form of condition in the current version be unchanged (specifically
that the CCWG monitor progress and ensure that there be no further
such extensions).

We are also submitting a second comment (again present in an earlier
form from Tijani and discussed and agreed upon in the FBSC) will be
submitted requesting travel funding for the GAC Liaison as well as
for (as a pilot program) five additional traveller who are active
workers in At-Large or other ICANN WGs. This is patterned after the
At-Large Review analysis which correctly identified the need for such
travellers (although we did not agree on how they made such slots available).

The comment period closes at 23:59 today (Friday, 26 April 2017).

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR NOTICE ANY ERRORS, PLEASE LET US KNOW IN
TIME FOR CHANGES TO BE CONSIDERED AND MADE PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE.