[ALAC] IANA Transition

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 29 20:39:53 UTC 2016

Folks

Check Skype. Quoting the latest:

Republican attorneys general in four states are filing a lawsuit to block the transfer of internet domain systems oversight from the U.S. to an international governing body.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt and Nevada Attorney General Paul Laxalt filed a lawsuit on Wednesday night to stop the White House's proposed transition of Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) functions.

The state officials cite constitutional concerns in their suit against the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. government and the Department of Commerce. (see rest online)

Their argument apparently that the Government is giving away property (lawyers will recognise Constitutional issues about property and compensation etc)  So if there is a lawsuit AND it gets hp, hopefully there will be amicus briefs.

Holly