[ALAC] Vote: Appointment of ALAC Liaison to .mobi

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Oct 29 18:07:40 UTC 2016

As previously reported on the ALAC-Internal list, the ALAC Appointee
Selection Committee (AASC) could not reach a consensus position on
who to recommend for the .mobi liaison from the ALAC for the 2016-17
year. Accordingly, I am requesting a vote of the ALAC to make the decision.

There were two duly nominated and accepted candidates for the
position currently held by Murray McKercher. The candidates were (in
alphabetical order of last name) were Wafa Dahmani and Murray McKercher.

There was some disagreement within the AASC on the interpretation of
some of the statements provided by the candidates. Accordingly, I
asked both candidates to provide short, concise statements to
supplement their original statements.

Attached to the message are the original documents provided by the
candidates as well as the new summary document.

With this message, I am initiating a secret ballot vote of the ALAC
to select the ALAC Liaison to .mobi for the 2016-17 year starting at
the end of the ICANN 57 meeting in Hyderabad.

The vote will start as soon as practical (given Staff travel to
Hyderabad) and run for at least seven full days ending at 23:59 UTC
of the last day.