[ALAC] [CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: FW: Adopted motion

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Fri Oct 7 02:38:47 UTC 2016

Thanks Seun,

While I agree with the principles of your thoughts, I would tend to disagree on mixing pears and apples. Let me explain.

If we draft a comment on the budget, which is what we were asked to do, but include a whole position on where we think the jurisdiction group should stand, then I believe we would be mixing subjects and risking to have our comment on the budget be distorted by the issue on jurisdiction.

On the other hand, if we draft a comment and, as the GNSO did, express our advice on keeping a close eye on legal fees related to all issues but specially those on jurisdiction, I think we would accomplish the task of commenting on the budget and also stating our point.

If in anyway we want to dedicate a statement to the implications on having the jurisdiction discussion deviate from the scope clearly stated in our WS1 recommendations, then I would support it as well but as a separate document.

That’s only my opinion, of course.

Best regards,

León