[ALAC] [CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: FW: Adopted motion

Sébastien Bachollet sebastien at bachollet.com
Thu Oct 6 08:45:32 UTC 2016

Hello,
See in Tijani mail.
Thanks
SeB

Sébastien Bachollet
+33 6 07 66 89 33
Blog: http://sebastien.bachollet.fr/
Mail: Sébastien Bachollet <sebastien at bachollet.com>

De :  <alac-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Tijani BEN JEMAA
<tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn>
Date :  jeudi 6 octobre 2016 09:45
À :  Vanda Scartezini <vanda at scartezini.org>
Cc :  ALAC <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>, Alan Greenberg
<alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
Objet :  Re: [ALAC] [CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: FW: Adopted motion

> Good morning Alan,
>
> First of all, I don’t think that it is wise to support or comment on another
> chartering organization (GNSO) statement regarding the budget approval of the
> CCWG. It is our duty and our right to give our own statement since we are also
> a chartering organization, exactly like the GNSO.
Let’s do it.

> That said, I find the point 5 of the GNSO statement absolutely not acceptable.
> It means that the GNSO is deciding on the Jurisdiction sub-group outcome.
No it is not. It is time for the chartering org to take some action if
needed. And this one is important. I think it is useful that we discuss this
issue and give clear guidance to WS2 and sub-groups. It must be an
ALAC/At-Large decision.
If we want the WS2 to deliver on time, clarifying some issue (like
jurisdiction) by the WS2 plenary or the Chartering organizations can be
useful.
> Let me remind everyone that the Jurisdiction sub-group has a precise and
> binding list of tasks provided by annex 12 of the CCWG WS1 final report that
> has been adopted by the whole CCWG and ratified by the whole charting
> organizations. it is not the right of the GNSO or any other party to take of
> the table one of those tasks.
Not one but if we have an agreement from all the chattering org, why not?

> I understand their point (and the one of Alan), but they have to act from
> inside the Jurisdiction sub-group as they are numerous there to make the
> subgroup not ask for legal advices for the first layer of jurisdiction
> concerning the incorporation and the location of ICANN.
>
> Finaly, I’m of the opinion of ALAC not commenting on GNSO position and
> drafting its own statement giving our approval for the budget as it was
> debated and agreed on in the CCWG accountability (GNSO points 1 to 4 are all
> included so no need to repeat them)
Sorry but where it is incorporated in an ALAC statement? I may have missed
something.
Thanks for consideration.
SeB

https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+(ALAC>>