[ALAC] Consensus Call: ALAC Support for reduced scope RDS Review

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 18 04:11:27 UTC 2016

As detailed in my message of 02 November
(http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac/2016-November/009877.html)
and discussed in Hyderabad during At-Large Leadership Working Session
2, there is a proposal on the table to limit the rds (formerly WHOIS)
Review to looking at the implementation of the first WHOIS Review.
The main reason is that there are several ongoing activities to
revise WHOIS and it would duplicate effort (and involve many of the
same people) if we were to do a full blown Review.

If agreed to by AC/SOs, this will shorten the review and the review
team will be focused on people who are particularly familiar with the
first WHOIS Review recommendations.

The current version of the proposal is attached.

No negative comments were registered in reply to the original e-mail
or during the hyderabad meeting.

With this message, I am initiating a Consensus Call of the ALAC
requesting that the ALAC support this proposal.

The Consensus Call will end at 23:59 on Wednesday, 23 November 2016.

If there are any questions of comments, please direct them to either
this list or to me directly.

Although messages indicating support are welcome, they are not
necessary. Should this Consensus Call fail due to significant
opposition (greater than 20% as specified by ALAC RoP 12.3.3.1), we
will revert to a formal vote.