[ALAC] ICANN Board Director Selected by the At-Large

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:52:14 UTC 2016

Dear members of the At-Large community,

I write to let you know that due to personal reasons, I will not be
applying for a second term as the At-Large selected Director on the ICANN
Board.  I encourage those interested in the position to apply.

Please excuse the short notice as my family needed the time to discuss the
matter with me.

I care deeply about the quality of my service to the public interest and to
the community. I know that without sufficient time available, I would not
be able to do them justice. After the Hyderabad meeting, I became aware
of constraints on the time that I will have available to serve effectively
in a second term

I have received tremendous support and encouragement from the
community, board and staff in my years of service. It has made it an
absolute joy for me to serve despite the heavy demands on time.

I commit to completing my current term with the same level of dedication
that I have demonstrated to date, and I urge those interested in carrying
the baton forward to apply for the position so that the At-Large may choose
from a strong pool of qualified candidates.

Thank you so much for your support and faith in me. It has been, and
continues to be, my absolute privilege and honour to serve.

Sincerely,

Rinalia Abdul Rahim

ICANN Board Director selected by the At-Large (2014-2017)