[ALAC] Draft Proposal for a Limited Scope RDS Review

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 2 10:00:34 UTC 2016

Attached is the proposal for limiting the scope of the forthcoming
RDS Review (what was previously the Affirmation of Commitments (AoC)
WHOIS Review).

Under the new Bylaws we have no choice but to start this review
immediately, even though there are substantive other RDS activities
ongoing and there was significant concern expressed related to
overloading the people working in this area.

AoC-type reviews must review the implementation of previous reviews
(if not the first one) and making further recommendations to address
the area. In this case, the proposal is to limit the review to
evaluating past implementation since there are other activities and
in particular a GNSO PDP working on future implementations.
Participation on the review team would be limited to those who are
very familiar with the previous RT recommendations and their implementation.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am the one who proposed the
overall concept, and I co-drafted the document, and I am one of the
possible RT members as I reviewed the WHOIS RT Recommendations for the ATRT2.

I will have to present the ALAC position on Saturday morning and this
is (briefly) on our agenda tomorrow.